Serial GPS Receiver
GlobalPoint GPS Serial receiver is designed for
use with vehicle docking cradles for handheld computers.
The GlobalPoint Serial GPS receiver features an external
GPS antenna and a DB9 interface that is connected
directly to the vehicle docking cradle. This allows GPS
data to be transmitted to the handheld mobile computer
when it is docked in the cradle. The GlobalPoint Serial
GPS can receive power from the cradle if available, or
through a separate power adapter when used with cradles
that do not provide power through the DB9 connection. A
variety of power cable options is available. See below.
Industry Leading GPS Performance
- SiRFStar III chipset.
- 20 Channel GPS Receiver with
all-in-view satellite tracking.
- Signal acquisition using 200,000
time/freq. search channels.
- Supports WAAS and EGNOS.
- Multipath-mitigation hardware.
- Cold Start under 45 seconds.
- Hot Start under 8 seconds.
The LinksPoint GPS attachment uses the SiRFstarIII chip
set. This chip set uses a 50MHz ARM7 CPU, which has
ample throughput to support extensive user application
software and peripherals. The internal satellite signal
tracking engine provides highly accurate GPS
measurements and differential corrections. This chip set
architecture also offers an acquisition accelerator,
differential GPS processor, multipath mitigation
hardware and satellite-tracking engine. This chip set
delivers powerful GPS performance, accuracy, computing
power and flexibility.
- Frequency: L1, 1,575.42 MHz
- C/A: 1.023 MHz chip rate
- DGPS: WAAS/EGNOS
- System Back Up: Built-in
Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Antenna Type: Built-in Antenna
(external antenna optional)
- Datum: WGS-84
- Acquisition Rate: Open Sky,
- Reacquisition: 0.1 sec., average
- Cold Start: < 42 sec., average
- Warm Start: < 38 sec., average
- Hot Start: < 1 sec., average
- Connection: PS/2 from unit with
included PS/2 to DB9 connector
- Protocol: Default: NMEA-0183
(V2.20)- GGA(1), GSA(1), GSV(5), RMC(1)
- DGPS: Real-time Differential
Correction input (RTCM SC-104 message types 1, 5 & 9).
- Power: Built-in rechargeable
battery and 4.75-5.5 V DC input charging circuit
- Device Size: 21.0(L) x 59.0(W) x
- Weight: 103 grams
- Altitude: <18,000 meter
- Velocity: < 515 meter/second
- Acceleration: < 4g
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to
GlobalPoint GPS receivers offer typical accuracies of 3-5
meters uncorrected, and 3 meters or better with WAAS
Versions are available for use with vehicle docking
- Intermec Technologies
- LP01631 - Includes Cigarette Lighter
- LP01632 - Includes cable with power on
DB9 Pin9 (Intermec and Motorola MC70 cradle).
- LP01633 - RJ45 connector for BlackBay
- LP01634 - Includes direct wire power
cable for 12V-24V vehicle electrical systems.
- LP01635 - USB connector for use with
laptops and table computers.
For more information on the
GlobalPoint Serial GPS receiver, contact us at
203-853-4600 or email us at
subject to degradation based on environmental and
positional conditions. Rated accuracy provides 95%
Circle Error Probability (CEP) position accuracies of <5
meters with WAAS correction and <10 meters uncorrected.